Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Skinny...

If you are like me, you pin new recipes on Pinterest all the time. If you are also like me, some of the attempts at making these are great and some are epic-Pinterest fails. I love hearing that a Pinterest find actually worked and was good, whether that be a DIY project or a recipe. That being said, I thought I would share with you all my latest Pinterest recipe success!


As bathing suit season rapidly approaches, I am attempting to eat better and work out more. I found this pin for "skinny enchiladas" and was of course, curious, and doubtful at the same time. I love Mexican food and really don't think "diet" versions are all that great. This recipe, however, will become a staple of mine when the craving arises. It did have that "diet" taste to it only because it wasn't dripping in sour cream and cheese, but the flavors were all there and they were very filling. These will definitely satisfy my cravings and save me from the calories! 



Ingredients

Skinny Enchilada Filling

9 Tortillas (low Carb La Tortilla)
1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast meat
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped bell peppers
1/2 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1/2 cups Shredded Low-Fat 4 Cheese Mexican Cheese
 Skinny Enchilada Sauce
3/4 cup Salsa
1/4 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Low-Fat Shredded Cheese
 Directions
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and Lightly spray a 9×13 inch-baking dish with non-stick spray.
2.) Sautee onions and bell peppers in a small skillet using cooking spray till onions are lightly brown.
3.) Mix sautéed veggies with non-fat greek yogurt, chicken, and cheese (this looked like chicken salad to me)

4.) Spread 1/4 cup chicken mixture in the middle of each tortilla and roll into a small burrito. Place seam down into baking dish.

5.) Mix Salsa and greek yogurt in a small bowl and spread evenly onto of tortillas, Sprinkle Cheese throughout.

6.) Place foil over dish and bake Skinny Enchiladas for 15-20 minutes.

You can add and modify as you like with spices and veggies such as other peppers, onions, cumin, etc. 

There are only 150 calories per enchilada (if you follow the recipe)! Be careful with the cheese- it is the only way to keep those calories low. Trust me, it was tempting to sprinkle more than the recipe calls for…


Images and recipe from Pinterest and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment