Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Favorite Cookbooks


You know how people say girls slowly turn into their mothers?  Each day and week as I grow older I slowly but surely see traits of my mother coming into me.  I remember being little and wondering why in the world my mother needed a Southern Living cookbook for each year and the annual Christmas edition too.  When I say each year, I mean this collection started in 1976 - pretty impressive I thought, until now.  Until now, where I have requested a new cookbook each year (either at Christmas or my birthday).  So, today I thought I would share with you my favorites.....

I bought this in the Aspen airport & it is not a regret.  LOVE LOVE LOVE this cookbook.  It can be found on ebay.
 
A great southern recipe book with flair

 

 Like my mother collecting Southern Living, I collect Williams-Sonoma.  They have a great entertaining cookbook too.

 The secret to preserving food - love to do this on a summer Saturday.



It's an empty recipe book but the empty pages are to fill.  It's a great gift for Christmas.  My mother gave me mine years ago, and I use it all the time.  It can be found at Anthropologie.



And, the best entertaining cookbook to me is my Lulu Powers Food to Flowers.  It offers great menus for all parties and great tips for hosting guests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment