Monday, November 12, 2012

Chair & Bench Recover





Don't you just love a good deal?  Years ago my friend, Erin and I found a set of 4 dining chairs for next to nothing.  The fabric was dingy and a not so nice worn yellow.  We didn't like the idea of 4 of these at a dining area but thought they would best be used as a pair of accent chairs.  So when we split the cost we really were in for a deal, I think we got all 4 for around $100!  

Of course the fabric (Romo/ Annacy/ Avalare Alpine)  I found was rather pricey but I had to have it and luckily I did not need a lot of it.   I love velvet- it's always my go to fabric when I am looking to reupholster something.  I guess its the richness and texture that just draws me in.  This fabric is tan and brown velvet with a blue striped inland.  

 I knew I wanted to use my chairs up against the wall so I opted to put a different fabric on the backside.  I found a brown velvet fabric that matched the front side perfectly!  They turned out pretty good.

Tada...here they are in my living room.  They are great accents and when we need extra seating in this area we just pull them out.


 Here's another deal I found and recovered.  I purchased this bench off eBay for about $75.  It was the perfect size, and provides the brass accent I was looking for to sit at the end of my bed.  

Remember this Kelly Wearstler fabric, Lee Jofa Bengal Bazaar in Magenta?  Anne Read used it here to recover her chairs.  My friend Kelli, an interior designer, had some leftover from a recent project and I jumped at the chance to use it!  Who can resist Kelly Wearstler at a steal?  I also used the fabric for pillows in a guest room- post coming later.

I haven't really finished the room, but I have bigger projects to deal with before I tackle this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment