Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Yard Art & Kentuck

This past weekend I went to my town's local art festival.  It is locally held, but artists and craftsmen from all over the USA come in.  It is an annual treat to spend your Saturday morning out and about at the Kentuck Art Festival, and that is just how my time was spent.  It is inspiring to see such amazing pieces of art, each with a background or history.  One of my favorite vendors I ran across was Wild Cat Works from Ball Ground, Georgia.  He makes some pretty fabulous bird houses.

Now, don't get me wrong I am not a huge fan of yard art.  My kind of "yard art" is more along the lines of the pictures below-

A settee & pair of chairs by Janus et Cie

 Or, any David Sutherland piece and especially this one by Rose Tarlow through David Sutherland

Now, I am not a huge fan of yard art in general. However, if you haven't guessed it by now, I found my one piece of yard art I love.  These beautiful bird houses.  Aren't they unique?  Each house is for a different bird, which I was unaware of before stumbling upon this exhibit.  The holes are different sizes because of the different birds - who knew?  With many different styles and all remarkably beautiful, these bird houses would make an excellent Christmas gift for anyone.
 
If you think you would like to purchase a bird house, check out their website here for additional information. The prices range from $80 - $145. 

Below are more photos I took at Kentuck:

And, a precious picture of my niece, Ann Parker, posing with the Jack-O-Lanterns.  She is 17 months and in a couple days will officially be a big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment