Who's excited about Fall Fashion? >ME. Last fall I was pregnant and I did not get to enjoy all the multi colored-jewel toned pants, leather jeggings, and well, anything flattering! The maternity legging choices were limited and I wasn't one of the lucky ones that was able to wear regular clothes. But..... this season I get to enjoy fashion again- YEA!
These are a list of items (I think) you need:
pants: skinny jeans, leggings, cropped pants, printed pants, colored pants
tops: lace, peplum, blousy, tuck-in, sheers, peter pan collar, chunky sweaters
jackets: fitted blazers, boyfriend blazers, school blazer, bright colors, leather
shoes: booties, flats, animal prints, cap toe, riding boots
jewelry: statement necklaces, statement earrings, studs, thin hoops, lots of stackable bracelets
Ok I have a couple of pointers and put a couple of looks together for you to see some ideas!
1. Mix prints and colors. Black and white is always a classic. This year all the bright colors and jewel tone colors are in, so they are a million choices, but for sure ADD COLOR! Even if you have a neutral outfit, just all a little pop like the red shoes in the first image. Oh and please tuck in your top if you have a fitted skirt like this, unless it's a peplum top.
2. Jewelry and accessories are still a big component in pulling any outfit together. This second look: day to night, this is a simple dress but the accessories are what built the outfit. Take a basic piece and you can wear it over and over but change your accessories to give it different looks for multiple occasions.
3. Something sexy with something chunky! It's all about balance here. A little skirt, big top...or a skinny leg and a big, blousy top. There is a time for full on sexy look but for everyday, always remember to balance your looks. And if you are making it more casual with a bootie, then add a little bling with a fun bracelet.
4. Mix your textures. This look is lace with leather and a little animal on the bracelet. I love how the shoe pops. This look has a lot going on, but making the animal and neon accents small, help not to make it overwhelming. Here's to Fall and Happy Monday!
images/ where to buy:
2. J.Crew gold necklace / Gap pink suede belt / Tory Burch gold logo earring / J. Crew red snakeskin shoe / J. Crew purple dress / Asos nude patent pump / Michael Kors stacked bangles / Asos studded bag / Dannijo earrings
3. Zara printed mini skirt / J. Crew turtleneck sweater / Zara leather skirt / J. Crew chunky sweater / Zara bootie / Asos bootie / J. Crew rhinestone bracelet
4. Zara lace top / Asos leather pants / Tory Burch earrings / J. Crew bracelet / Asos mary jane shoes