Friday, October 5, 2012

A Half-Dozen Egg Prints

Did y'all catch Lindsay's post on Tuesday?
 
Well, she's right. Finding art that doesn't break the bank is no easy task. And as much as I love one-of-a-kind originals, it's not realistic at this point (29 years old) to fill my house with them anyway. Mama's gotta eat, ya know :)
 
That's why a gallery of prints is such a great option. I did some digging and came across this post from January by Kate. It's full of inspiration for gallery walls, so check it out.
 
Isn't it funny how you save or pin random pics, and then months later, you notice a reoccuring theme? Happens to me all the time. Care to guess this theme?
 
 
















Of course...EGGS! From kitchens to bedrooms and living rooms to foyers, aren't they all lovely? Even the soft and neutral ones still add to the space.

My search for eggs began (and ended) at Scott's Antique Market in Atlanta (aka Heaven). I wish I had taken a picture of the three stacks of egg prints on display. And of course I went through every.single.print.

I ended up very pleased with my six prints. They were $10 each. I figured since I had been sitting there going through them for about two hours, I owed it to the dealer not to haggle the price down.

Ikea's trusty Ribba frames in white worked perfectly. At $9.99 each with mats included, they're hard to beat. I also added an ivory mat inside the white mat for a better fit.



I'm very happy with how they turned out! I had full intentions to hang them before I did this post, but Anne Read + hammer/nails + plaster walls is not a good mix for a Thursday night. Not bad for a little over $120, right?





Please excuse the picture quality. That glass reflects everything! I can't wait to have them hung though! (Hint, hint...William)
 
1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8

No comments:

Post a Comment