Friday, September 21, 2012

Chair Upgrade

Happy Friday, readers! Let's chat.
 
The Collect 5 girls have been talking and listening. On quite a few occasions, many of you have requested that we get a little personal and share more inside our homes, our closets, and our lives.
 
Well, careful what you wish for because that's exactly what we're going to do!
 
One great thing about the five of us is that we each bring something different to the table, so expect the content to continue being diverse. This year has brought us two babies (Kate and Charlotte both have baby boys) and a wedding (Leah is getting married tomorrow!). I think it goes without saying that we have a lot to share!
 
Today, I'm sharing a little chair upgrade. Remember this pair of brass chairs that I purchased on eBay last year? I spent months and months trying to decide what to do with them. I originally planned to use them as end chairs for the dining room, but like always, I changed my mind. Here is one in its "before" state.
 
 
Trust me, the color looked much worse in person.
 
I had the hardest time deciding which way to go with these chairs. I thought about playing it safe and going with an ivory linen similar to these chairs from Pieces.
 
 
 
Very pretty and very "me," but I wanted something colorful for this pair. I just wasn't sure if I wanted them too bright. This little pink chair and yellow bench almost changed my mind (even though they're chrome, not brass).
 
 
In the end, I settled on a fun pattern from Kelly Wearstler's line for Lee Jofa.
 
 
The pattern is Bengal Bazaar in the Magenta colorway. I think they turned out quite nice.
 
 
I'm still obsessed with the brass base.


 
 
The chairs have been moved to the back den for now, but I'm thinking about using one as a desk chair upstairs. Decisions, decisions...
 
This fabric can be purchased through KLS Interiors.

No comments:

Post a Comment