Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Adventures in the Windy City

Recently I ventured up to Chicago for a long weekend and had the pleasure of staying with a local Chicagoan, who showed us the sites like a local. I thought I would share some of my favorite finds in case anyone is making a trip to the Windy City soon!


Because we were with a local, we dined at some of the most wonderful places in Chicago! That being said, we were dining in the neighborhoods versus downtown, which I loved. One of my favorite meals, was brunch at Lula Cafe in Logan Square. The farm to table scene is nothing new, but this place really gets crafty with their creations! It is a definite must. Here is the Strada off the brunch menu. Yum! 

We also had drinks at RM Champagne Salon, which was super swanky and very old Hollywood.  

Then we wondered over to Nellcote for dinner- awesome salads and pizzas and a super cool scene!


 I loved shopping in Wicker Park and had tons of luck stumbling upon a few pop-up thrift shops and great antique stores. Intermixed in with all the great shops are some nice little patio cafes to grab a local brew. My new local fav is Sofie, a Belgian style ale brewed right in Chicago at Goose Island!
Another favorite find was Caza- a modern vintage resale furniture store. I loved this place- and oh my the prices were unreal!

Check out this amazing burlwood dresser! Just stunning!

Loved this chrome and cane table- and at $400 for the table, it was a steal! Too bad I didn't have a ride home for it!


Right after brunch at Lula Cafe, we ventured into Fleur, a local Logan Square flower shop. What a treat! It is so much more than a flower shop and I could have stayed in there for hours. 

Oh the succulents...swoon...






  What Chicago trip is not complete without an architecture boat tour? Such a fantastic way to see the city and I will go on one every time I visit.  I recommend Wendella boat tours because not only are the tickets really reasonable, but they have full bars on their boats!

 After the tour, relax and take in the breathtaking views of this beautiful city in the Signature Room on top of the John Hancock Building over a cold 312 beer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment