Friday, July 27, 2012

Welcome to Miami

William and I recently enjoyed a quick getaway to Miami for our five year anniversary. And let me just say...It far exceeded my expectations! Our hotel was lovely, the service was top-notch, the food was amazing, and the weather couldn't have been better. It was a perfect long weekend trip.

In typical Anne Read fashion, I didn't get a single picture to share of the two of us. Shame on me. Fortunately, I was able to find great pictures of our hotel and restaurants online.



If you're planning a trip to Miami, definitely give The Betsy Hotel a look. Not only are the interiors beautiful, the service is tough to beat. The hotel originally opened in 1942 as The Betsy Ross Hotel and reopened in 2009 as The Betsy after being closed for a 3-year renovation. It has a completely different look than the typical South Beach Art Deco style. Maybe that's why I like it so much!














**********



As luck would have it, BLT Steak is the restaurant in The Betsy, so we had the pleasure of enjoying breakfast here each morning. BLT Steak is a must, if only for the popovers! I even brought the recipe back with me. Can't wait to give it a try!










**********



After hearing rave reviews from friends about the sushi at Sushi Samba, we had to give it a try. It was spectacular! You can view the menu here. Our favorite food all weekend were the taquitos! Both the yellowtail and lobster were divine.











**********



Quite possibly, one of the most beautiful restaurants I've ever experienced is Cecconi's. William and I love great Italian food, and this does not disappoint. It's the kind of place where you want to sip wine and linger for a while. And that's exactly what we did.














No comments:

Post a Comment