Friday, July 6, 2012

It's Friday???


Wow, what a week! The Wednesday holiday is definitely throwing me off, but I'm not complaining because It's Friday!!! As a result of being so scatter-brained, I have decided to post not just one topic but a roundup of things that have sparked my interest lately.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just can't get this kitchen out of my head. That hood, those countertops, that faucet - seriously people!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone loves the look of an authentic Beni rug, but the price of one is pretty steep. I came across this less expensive option on Amazon, of all places. I'm not sure about the quality, but it looks great for the price!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You all know I love sharing recipes, but this is one you have to try! Thomas Keller's recipe for a Simple Roast Chicken has honestly changed the way I cook chicken. Follow the recipe exactly and avoid basting when it's in the oven. The goal is to keep it dry during roasting and baste with juices and butter when it's cooling. You're welcome.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And while we're on the subject of good food, I made these Southwestern Stuffed Peppers last night for the first time, and they were divine! The recipe makes so much stuffing that I ended up freezing a good bit of it. Always nice!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This absolutely blew my mind! I've been thinking about adding a daybed in our upstairs den, but haven't found a good fit. The daybed in this month's House Beautiful jumped out at me - white, clean lines...perfect! Wouldn't you know? It's made from 2 Ikea Malm single beds! He used the headboard and base of one bed, and the headboard of another bed (instead of a footboard) to get the finished product. Such a sleek look for less than $180! I might have to give this one a try!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been following JoAnna's series on work/baby/life balance, and it's been so interesting! She interviews working moms with demanding careers (such as the editor in chief at Martha Stewart Living magazine, an attorney for the state of California, and the brand editor for Anthropologie). Even though these women have a similar goal...to balance it all to the best of their ability...I love that they all have different schedules, different strategies, and different answers about what works best for them. Check it out.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

William has always said that his dream home would be a large, sprawled out, 1-story home. I've always countered that, insisting that I prefer a 2-story. Well, this floorplan might have changed my mind! And of course, it's Gwyneth's house.





Image 1: Nest Egg. Images 2-4: Camille Styles. Image 5: Trad Home. Image 6: Amazon. Image 7: Epicurious. Image 8: Simply Love Food. Image 10: Ikea. Image 11: Cup of Jo. Images 12-13: Habitually Chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment