Monday, July 23, 2012

Chicken Pesto Pasta

Remember Anne Read's post on Take Them A Meal.com?  I can tell you from being on the receiving end of these meals, it is a great organized way for people to drop by your house with a meal.  It eliminates all the texts and calls trying to organize bringing you a meal, on what day and at what time,AND prevent having duplicate dinners.  A friend brought us this yummy chicken pesto pasta dish and I fell in love!  I am a huge pasta lover, but not so much a pesto lover. This dish has just the right amount of pesto, so as not to overtake the pasta.  She was kind to invite us over when she made it again the other night and I had to share the recipe (thanks Andrea)!  I have to admit, it was my favorite post baby meal and my husband was nice enough to stay away from the leftovers, so I could have them all to myself!
 Recipe for Chicken Pesto Pasta – makes 4 servings
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup pesto 
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 box cooked pasta – we’ve got bowtie
  • 3 cups cooked chicken shredded or cubed

Method:
Cook and prep your chicken and pasta to your liking and combine in a bowl. Set aside.
For the sauce, bring your heavy cream to a boil, stirring constantly, it will come to a boil fast. Let this boil on medium heat for 4-5 minutes until it thickens up. Add your pesto and stir. Add your parmesan and stir until most of the cheese is melted in the sauce. Add your salt and pepper, not too much as the pesto and cheese have a lot of flavor by themselves.
Pour your pesto cream sauce over the chicken and pasta, and stir to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment