Friday, May 11, 2012

Save, Spend, Splurge: Slipcovered Sofas

As I mentioned last week, I'm on the hunt for a new sofa for the living room. We're doing a little switch-a-roo with the living room and den, making the larger living room the more casual of the two (an idea that is sure to horrify my mother).

I want this sofa to be able to withstand everything...food, wine, mud, you name it! That's why I'm looking for one slipcovered in white duck, so I can wash it and even bleach it if necessary. Here are three options at three different price points.

Ikea ~ Ektorp Sofa ~ $399

Number Four Eleven ~ Rachel Sofa from Best Slipcover Company ~ $1998

Windsor Smith Home Collection ~ Windsor Sofa ~ $5650 

My favorite is the Windsor Sofa, but it's out of our price range unfortunately. I think I've decided to go with the Rachel Sofa, which I'll customize with a mini box pleat skirt similar to the Windsor slipcover. It's the best of both sofas, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. We have the Ikea Ektorp and love it. Just Scotchgard it, throw a few fun pillows on it and you are all set!

    bstylewise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete