Friday, May 25, 2012

Made in Mississippi

I just realized that I've been blogging for almost an entire year and haven't yet given a shout-out to my home state. Shame on me.

Well folks, I'm a Mississippian. You've probably noticed an underlying theme with our blog - the South. Obviously not every posts acknowledges it, but it's hard to deny the blog's southern feel...gracious entertaining, functional interiors, to-die-for recipes...the list goes on and on.

I think it's fair to say that between the five of us, we have the South covered. Here's a recap:

Anne Read: Mississippi > Alabama > Georgia
Kate: North Carolina > Alabama 
Lindsay: Tennessee > Alabama > Texas > Georgia
Leah: Alabama > Georgia > Florida > Alabama
Charlotte: Alabama > Georgia > Alabama

My apologies to Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, and South Carolina. Maybe we'll get to you one day. I did spend a summer in Charleston. Does that count?

Today, I thought I would highlight unique items made in the state of Mississippi. And of course, all of these products have this Mississippian's stamp of approval. Enjoy!


I can't wait to try this champagne cocktail.



My grandmother mails me a package of goodies every month (yes college friends, she still does), and Lillo's dressing is always in it. It has more of an olive-y taste than other Italian dressings - so good!



These all-natural soybean wax candles smell divine. Their signature Delta scent is my favorite.



Such a clever creation! And of course, I have to mention that two Chi Omegas started the brand. Read their story here.



So many uses, so little time.



This pottery business started by Lee and Pup McCarty in 1954 still remains in the McCarty family. I have several bowls and vases of their green variety. 



Great on burgers, chicken, fries, anything really. I almost overdosed on this (intentionally) in 2009. Still recovering.



As fresh as a bottled mix gets! Fat Mama's in Natchez also has amazing hot tamales.



I'm sure it's a sin to admit this, but these are only my second favorite cheese straw. These are my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Love all your products! Thank you for making the trip last weekend.

    ReplyDelete