Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hello Dolly Bars

I had a bridal shower for a good friend at my house this past weekend. It was great to get my house put together, arrange pretty flowers, eat good food and hang out with friends. One of my favorite things that we made for the party were these Hello Dolly Bars. I had never had one before, but my mom insisted that they were quick, easy, and really good. She was right, they were awesome! I am still enjoying the leftovers. I would suggest you give them a try.





Hello Dolly Bars


Ingredients:

1 stick of salted butter, cut into large pieces

1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs

1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet morsels

1 cup of butterscotch chips

1 cup of shredded coconut

1 cup of pecans, coarsely chopped

1/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk


Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in the microwave, then add graham cracker crumbs. Mix and press evenly to the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan. Layer coconut, pecans, butterscotch, and chocolate chips on top of the graham cracker crumb base. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the whole mixture. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the top is light brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for a while before cutting into squares.


*Tip - I keep them in the refrigerator, they are so much better cold!


images via doublebatch.wordpress.com

1 comment: