Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fresh Face

I have been using the WonderBar for about a year now. I will do a post on that skincare regimen another time, but I did want to share with you one of the best beauty tips I have taken from experimenting with this bar: facial oils.


I know the thought of putting oil on your face sounds really frightening, but after doing some research and trying it myself, I can tell you it is one of the best options for moisturizing! My skin is unbelievably moisturized and really in such better shape since I started using my oils. Research shows that facial oils are really better for your skin than some of those chemically based moisturizers. Here are some of the facts (taken from http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/):


1. The smaller oil molecule can penetrate into the skin and nourish it, whereas creams cannot.

2. The skin likes oil because it resembles its cell structure; so it lets it in.

3. Oils help protect the skin from water loss and feed it hydrating, firming nutrients like essential fatty acids, gamma linoleic acid, and vitamin E that help boost elasticity.

4. Using pure face oils spares you from chemical emulsifiers that many face creams and lotions need to keep the oils from separating with the water.

5. Acne isn’t caused by surface oil, but by a plumbing problem in the pore, say dermatologists. Skin and oil produced in the follicles get stuck there.

6. The more tight and dry your face is, the more oil it produces. Why not moisturize with oil to prevent that?


So what kind should you buy? I LOVE apricot oil. Other good ones are jojoba oil, rose hip and grape seed. Just make sure you are buying PURE oils. The best part is that these oils are significantly less expensive than your popular cosmetics line moisturizers! Facial oils may not be for everyone, but buy a small bottle and give one a try.








All of these are available for purchase on Amazon.com.

Tip: the oils can leave your face more dewy, which is normal. If you apply these as a moisturizer before makeup, try to wait about 30 minutes for some of it to absorb before applying makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment