Friday, January 13, 2012

Amanda Talley Art

I have admired the work of New Orleans artist Amanda Talley for quite some time now. I first discovered her art in Bremmerman Designs on Magazine Street and I think it is fabulous! Amanda says, " Painting, for me, is about translating the activity and movement of the outside world into a vocabulary of paint and line." I always love to hear where artists get their inspiration from. Amanda's art definitely shows lots of emotion and movement. Take look below and see what you think. If you happen to be in New Orleans, check out her studio at 1382 Magazine Street. If not, see her work online here.


























Fabrics:


She recently started her own line of fabrics.










images via amandatalley.com

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! those are great fabrics, i like the first and third especially, maybe in a nursery somehow. fun blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny, I am friends with Amanda through mutual friends! I love her work and am forever planning to buy a piece or many!

    ReplyDelete