Friday, November 18, 2011

Meet Collect 5: Anne Read

1. Where did you grow up? Where do you currently live?
I was born and raised in the small town of Hollandale in the Mississippi delta. I now live in Savannah, GA, where my husband grew up.

2. What are five things always in your purse?
Tory Burch wallet
Savannah Bee chapstick (I spoke of my love for it here)
Hand lotion
iPhone
a random half-eaten bag of candy (you think I'm kidding!)

3. What is your favorite trip you've ever been on?
It would have to be my trip to Italy in 2009. Half the trip was spent with my family, and William and I travelled the last half just the two of us. Rome > Positano > Florence > Figline Valdarno (Tuscany) > Vernazza (Cinque Terre) > Interlaken, Switzerland > Varenna (Lake Como) > Milan.

4. What would be your "last meal" if you had to pick one?
Ok, I've put a lot of thought into this. As an appetizer, I would have the Tuna Tower from this restaurant called Graffiti in Costa Rica. It was a tower of rare tuna, guacamole, cream cheese, and corn salsa. My mouth is watering just typing this. Instead of a salad, I would opt for the Tomato Dill Soup from Toucan Cafe here in Savannah. The main course would be a medium rare filet with a side of bernaise sauce, mac 'n cheese, and shoestring french fries. This is my dream, so I can have a carb overload if I want :). Dessert would be my mom's chocolate chess pie, although the cake I shared here is a close second.

5. What is your favorite thing hanging on your walls?
An original painting by Vincent Golshani. It was William's wedding gift to me. I love that the artist wrote a sweet note on the back. "Be best friends. Be happy. Be honest. Be in love."

6. What is your everyday lip gloss color?
Nars (I have no idea what the color is. The sticker has worn off.)

7. What sunglasses are you currently sporting?
I'm waiting on my Tory Burch aviators to be fixed, so I've resorted back to an old pair by Kate Spade in the mean time.

8. What is your favorite flower or plant?
Peonies and ranunculus.

9. What is your signature perfume?
I don't wear perfume, and people think that's so weird. Is anyone with me?

10. What is your favorite home find that you scored for a deal?
Oh, so hard to pick! I might have to say this Louis-style chair that I found in an antique store in Dothan for $50. It had to be reconstructed and recovered, but it was such a good deal! Kate is still mad that I found it before she did :)

11. What is your drink of choice?
Sauvignon Blanc of course. I'm on a huge Whitehaven kick, since it's only $12.99 at Habersham Beverage.

12. How many siblings do you have? What's the birth order?
As you might have guessed, I'm the oldest child. Shocking, I know. My brother Carlisle is 26, and my sister Ellen is 24.

13. What is your "real" job? What was your major?
I'm a pharmaceutical sales rep with AstraZeneca in their cardiovascular division. I majored in health care management and premedical studies.

14. What is your favorite pair of jeans?
William Rast Savoy trouser or skinnies from Urban Outfitters. I love how we all like our cheap jeans now.

15. What is your favorite memory of Charlotte?
We were on a girl's trip in New Orleans the summer after college, and all ten of us were packed into two hotel rooms. Remember those days? Charlotte was sleeping on a air mattress next to my bed. Really early one morning, Charlotte got a phone call, which woke most of us in the room up. All we heard was "Hello" from Charlotte's scratchy, morning-after-drinking voice. Then she said very loudly, "I AM ASLEEP ON THE FLOOR IN A FURNITURE STORE." Everyone in the room was so confused. We were all like...What is she talking about? Turns out, Charlotte had been dreaming about shopping for furniture and was really out of it when Matthew called that morning. She figured she must have fallen asleep on the floor in the furniture store.

No comments:

Post a Comment