Thursday, October 13, 2011

Jed Johnson

One of my favorite designers who I have actually followed since 2005 is Jed Johnson & Associates and all the creative minds who make up this residential / commercial design firm. I applied for an internship here years ago over a summer in college but ended up getting one with a designer in DC (a post soon on this designer). Ever since, I check back frequently and keep my eyes peeled for publications in all my favorite interior magazines for one of their stunning spaces. What an incredible aesthetic these rooms have below-functionality and movement included. Design is not all about fabrics and furniture; in fact when getting my interior design degree there were only 7 days per semester dedicated towards actual FF&E (furniture, fixtures, & equipment). As Jed Johnson & Associates so eloquently reminds me, when you take away the fabrics and colors the most important part of design is the actual space planning: balance, scale, proportion, unity, emphasis (or the absence of). Having awareness and practicing the elements and principles of design is the first step in creating successful visual compositions as Jed Johnson & Associates always seems to achieve. all images via http://www.jedjohnson.com/

PS. Does anyone know where I can find a gold chain link bracelet? It's month 2 and I haven't been able to locate one. Suggestions are welcome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment