Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fig and Prosciutto Pizza

Remember when these ladies came to visit me in Savannah over Labor Day?



Well, we sure did our share of eating that weekend. One night, we hit up a local Savannah favorite, Leoci's. In my opinion, it's the best Italian in town. The girls and I opted to share one of their flatbread specialty pizza as an appetizer, and man, am I glad we did. The pizza toppings consisted of figs, prosciutto, cheese, and a drizzle of honey. It was absolutely delicious!



Like most people, I often get stuck in a rut with weeknight meals. The same dinners just get rotated over and over again. I am constantly looking for new ideas and try to remind myself that EASY doesn't have to mean BORING.

I decided to step out of the box last night and recreate Leoci's Fig and Prosciutto Pizza.



I bought fresh pizza dough from Publix and stretched it out on a baking sheet. Then, I drizzled a little olive oil on top and spread ricotta cheese over the dough. I sliced black mission figs very thin and crumbled goat cheese on top.



After baking for 18 minutes in a 400 degree oven, I added the prosciutto on top and drizzled honey all over it. This pizza is every bit as good as it sounds and is very easy! Give it a try!

2 comments: