Friday, October 28, 2011

Do sweat the small stuff

One of my favorite parts of decorating is the hunt for and placement of accessories. My friends know that I love to search antique malls and thrift store to collect the most unique objects for my tables, chests, etc... To me, these small items make all the difference in the world. It's what really adds the personality and character to a home. An etagere is the perfect place to display books, boxes, art, small sculptures or anything else that you love.


This one above is perfectly decorated - not to crowded and not to empty.





This lucite etagere below is awesome!



These beautiful shelving units can be a little pricey depending on where you are looking. So, I suggest shopping in local antique malls, thrift stores, or consignment stores. I have been eyeing one down at a consignment store here, but really have nowhere to put it!










I have this small little etagere which houses my cable box on the bottom shelf. This was my solution to make the box "go away." They are so big and ugly and the wires drive me nutsy!





image sources:1-10/11/12 is my own

No comments:

Post a Comment