Friday, October 21, 2011

Around the House

Believe it or not, we are all a little gun-shy about sharing pictures of our homes. Isn’t that funny? Maybe it’s because we fear criticism, or maybe we want to wait until our homes are perfect. The reality is that we’re still in our 20s. Is that perfection really happening anytime soon? I think not.

After last week’s post on bar carts, I got several texts/calls/comments from friends asking why I did a post about bar carts and didn’t share a picture of my own. So here it is in all its booze-holding glory…



I purchased this bar cart at a local antique auction about a year ago. I think I paid about $130 for it. Pretty good, huh?

Moving along to more recent finds... After some rearranging in the living room, I finally found a home for these chrome and leather Cassina chairs. What do you think?



They were also purchased at an antique auction here in Savannah. I paid $100 for the pair, and then had them reupholstered in this saddle-colored, faux leather.



I love the backs!

Another recent purchase came from our beloved eBay! Kate is the eBay queen btw. I’m always getting emails of items she’s recommended for me. Love it! Keep them coming :)



I’m using these armchairs at the end of my dining table. I love the brass legs – so unique! I still haven’t figured out what fabric to reupholster them in. Any ideas? I got them for $150 for the pair, plus shipping (which ended up being more expensive than the chairs).

Last but certainly not least, have you decorated for fall yet? This year, I pinned several fall front door looks on Pinterest. Most of them were a little too aggressive to attempt, like this one…



My approach turned out to be simpler. These mums have made it a few weeks without dying. That’s a win for me! I tend kill everything green.



I also bought two pumpkins. I went for the ugly ones this year. We’ll call them “warts” and “fatty.”



Happy Fall, y’all!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you posted pictures of your house! Look great! love the chairs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the fabric that is on the chairs. It looks good with your dark table and chest. Is it in good shape? Also, look how there is a pop of the same color in the painting behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte - I was thinking the same thing. Stay in that family of pink/red. It is a great contrast with the yellow and looks great with the trees behind in the painting!!!

    ReplyDelete