Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

I was lucky enough to spend my Labor Day weekend in beautiful Highlands, NC. Since Tropical Storm Lee was pretty much sitting on Southern Alabama, I was glad to be away from the rainy weather and be able to enjoy the 70-80 degree weather in Highlands. Anyway, I wanted to share some of the amazing restaurants we ate at while in town. If you plan to visit this cute mountain town, take note of these places. I promise you will not be disappointed.

First up...Paoletti's. This restaurant is amazing and a favorite of Matthew's and mine each time we are in town. They have a great wine list as well as a diverse menu. I had the grouper and it was great!





Sunday, we ate lunch at Madison's at the Old Edwards Inn. We ate outside in the Wine Garden which has such a great atmosphere.






On the Verandah is another favorite. From the delicious heirloom tomato salad to the chocolate oreo mousse dessert, everything was really really good!








Another fun thing to do while there is to hike Whiteside Mountain. At first, I was not too keen on the idea, but I went and it was really worth the view! Sorry these pictures aren't so great, it was kind of foggy.






Images via 1/2/3/4/5

1 comment: