Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Anytime Appetizers

This fall, I have several showers and parties to host, along with a few football-watching gatherings. In my never ending search to find new appetizers for these types of get-togethers, I must say that I have found some winners! Many of them have been found on my favorite recipe blog, Baked Bree. Bree was born to cook and is a made-from-scratch kind of girl. Her daily recipe posts are so wonderfully detailed and documented, as she is also an excellent photographer. With her step-by-step guide for each recipe, even the most amateur of cooks can get it right! Check out her blog to get your daily cooking inspiration.


Here are four of my favorite Baked Bree appetizers:
(click on the hyperlinks for the recipes)


Spinach and Bacon Roll Ups- these are to die for! Last time I made these, I made so many that I froze them and used them weeks later for a last minute get-together.


Stuffed Mushrooms- one of the best stuffed mushroom recipes I have found!
Blueberry Cheesecake Bars- perfect for a shower (wedding or baby) or an afternoon party!


Swiss and Ham Tartlets- this recipe is easier than it looks and is a more substantial appetizer to bring to a party.

All recipes and photos above from http://www.bakedbree.com/.

I cannot leave you without sharing my other two favorite appetizer/party food staples: sausage balls using good ole Bisquick and my Aunt Chris' recipe for baked brie.

Sausage Balls- I add a little cayenne pepper to mine for more of a kick. Tip: gradually add the Bisquick, as you can quickly overdo it. You may not need all two cups. Also, these are great for freezing if you want to pre-make or double the recipe and save some for later.

Recipe and image from http://www.allrecipes.com/.

Baked Bree- I got this recipe from my aunt and make it for almost every party that I need to bring an appetizer. The best part is that you can change the marmalade and nuts for variation.



Image from http://www.closetcooking.com/.

1 wheel of brie
1 frozen pie crust (let thaw a bit)
1 egg
choice of marmalade- I like peach, pear and apple
choice of nuts- I like almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out pie crust and place wheel of brie in the center. Spread marmalade over top of brie and let drip down the sides. Sprinkle nuts over marmalade. Pull edges of pie crust up over the edge pinching in the middle of the brie to secure edges. Scramble egg in a bowl and paint over the brie. Bake on 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with crackers.


What are your favorite party appetizers??

No comments:

Post a Comment