Friday, July 29, 2011

Wake Up Call

William and I are coffee junkies. Yes, it's an addiction. And like most people, we require a cup of coffee to start our day. In fact, it's my motivation to get out of bed most mornings.

Because I live in Savannah...and it's July...and it's a gazillion degrees outside (AND inside for that matter - We live in a 1925 Tudor in Ardsley Park. Savannahians, you understand.), staying cool is always a hassle. Well, staying cool and steaming hot morning coffee do not go hand in hand. I figured iced coffee was the solution to my predicament, and so I began my search.

I first tried adding ice to a hot cup of coffee. Fail.
I changed to refrigerating/freezing a freshly brewed pot of coffee. Fail.

Pioneer Woman had a similar struggle and recommended I try this method. I'm sure it's fantastic, but I don't have room in my fridge to store a 12 quart container.



My friend Courtney found a cold brewing system called the Toddy. Have you ever tried it? The Toddy can be purchased here. The idea of a cold brew sounds promising. I would love to know if anyone has used the Toddy!




I was in Bed Bath and Beyond last week, when I came across this.



The perfect solution! These discs work in my Tassimo coffee maker. Iced coffee? Check. Sweet and creamy? Check. I couldn't wait to try it.










Well, let me tell you. It's just as good as it looks. Rich, creamy, and a refreshing alternative to a hot cup of joe. If you're interested in a single-serve coffee maker, I highly recommend buying one. Both Tassimo and Kuerig are outstanding.

Happy Friday!

Image 1: Pioneer Woman. Image 2: Williams-Sonoma.

1 comment:

  1. Anne Read--- I have used the toddy for years!!!! It's the best contraption ever. My aunt in New Orleans introduced it to me. Weiss it year round and can now find them most everywhere. I HIGHLY recommend it. I van give you easy directions for the perfect brew that stays for one or two weeks. I mix in skim milk and fat free coffee-mate creamer. It's so refreshing. Let me know if you want more deets!!!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete