Thursday, July 21, 2011

Favorite Summer Salad Part 3!

I found this recipe in Rachael Ray's magazine a few years back and have been making it ever since! When Leah Shea and I used to live together in Atlanta (circa 2008), we made this at least once a week during the summer. I hope you enjoy as much as we did!


Image and recipe via Everyday by Rachael Ray

Pita Bread Salad

serves: 6

4 pitas, cut into bite-size pieces
1/3 cup EVOO
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic, chopped
salt and pepper
2 small cucumbers, peeled and chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1 small head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Transfer the pitas to a baking sheet; bake until crisp, about 10 minutes
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic; season with salt and pepper. (I also add fat-free Italian dressing to spice it up a little more)
3. Stir in the cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, scallions, parsley, mint and pitas.
4. Add the lettuce and toss for serving.

On an completely random note, how cute are Emma and Ryan??? I have always wanted Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling to get back together, but this might be a strong second to cutest couple. NO, they are not dating, but I wish they would because I am obsessed with both of them. I cannot wait to see Crazy Stupid Love when it opens July 29!


1 comment: